30 June 2013

I'm Sorry I Can't

Monday Morning Voicemail at Work
Hi, I'm calling because I just... vision of Jesus and Mary...and they were there...I saw Jesus... I don't know what to do...they were there, Jesus and Mary

Continues on for 2 minutes 9 seconds

I make faces as I listen to the voicemail, clearly confused.  Even more confused by the end because there is no name or contact information given.

Phone Conversation Tuesday Morning
Hello, this is Anusia
Did you get my message?
I'm sorry sir, who am I speaking with? Did you email or call?
I left a voicemail over the weekend. Can you help me??
Yes sir, I got your voicemail, what did you need help with?
I have tried calling my diocese, my priest, EWTN and all I have experienced is mean spirited people. I need to know the answer to my question.
Continues to ask questions about Church doctrine that I know the answers to
I am not the person to be contacting for answers to those questions, I would recommend finding a priest or looking in the Catechism.
You're telling me that you personally don't know the answer?
I'm sorry sir, I can't help you.
Can't you just tell me the answer.
I'm sorry, I can't.
Goodbye.

Walking Home from Work
Excuse me, I'm trying to get
Says something I don't understand
I'm sorry, I can't
I don't even know what you just asked me
Ok, thats a pretty dress you have on
I just walk away

My Brain
I'm sorry, I can't. I can't or I won't. He needed help.  That was clear, and not just with the answers to questions of doctrine.  I cannot trust every stranger who begins to speak with me.  Should I have done something more? But I really can't at work. Maybe I could have been more polite to the stranger.  Yea, I should've been more polite. What are my priorities? Helping people vs. following rules vs. safety vs. not being rude vs. being present to others...

I want to be like Jesus, bring Jesus to others, love Jesus in others.

But did Jesus ever say "I'm sorry, I can't"? Not that I can think of. So does that mean I need to take that phrase out of my vocabulary?

But I guess there's a difference, He's God, I'm not. There's nothing He can't do.

So I guess I'll just have to be ok with asking Him to help me keep figuring it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment